What is an SEO campaign? Basic steps of SEO
The definitive way to succeed in any field is to prepare and have a purposeful, principled, and continuous program. Optimizing the website’s current state and getting a good position in the Google search engine requires specialized planning and consistent execution. By preparing and compiling an SEO campaign for your website, you can determine the path to success and SEO improvement.
This way, you can check that you are in a position. What is the next step? And what to do. Join Seovisitor in this article to get acquainted with an SEO campaign’s practical and essential steps and principles.
What is an SEO campaign?
To walk the path of success best, you must first know how to walk this path well. By identifying the track to win, you will be well acquainted with the challenges, weaknesses, strengths, and problems you may face. As a result, you can implement the best solutions and reactions to achieve the best possible outcome.
When you use an SEO campaign to advance your goals, you know the next step and challenges you may face. In addition, this campaign can measure plans, and you will see your progress.
Steps to start launching an SEO campaign
Preparing and compiling a table tailored to the business’s needs and goals helps advance the goals faster and more purposefully. To achieve the best plans, it is necessary to start the SEO campaign with a purposeful strategy consistent with your organization’s goals in the following steps. The steps of launching an SEO campaign are as follows:
- Analysis and review of the current status of the website
- Determining the purpose of forming an SEO campaign
- Check the websites of competitors in the field of work
- Select keywords
- Produce principled content
- Internal optimization
- External link building
- Activity in social networks tailored to the type of business
- Advertising with business-appropriate methods (SEM: Search Engine Marketing)
1- Analyzing the current status of the website
The most essential and best step to start an SEO campaign is to check what the website is currently up to. Then, ensure there is no problem on the website that causes disruption and negative impact on the SEO campaign.
For example, you may sometimes not have optimized your website speed. In this case, the probability of achieving the desired result may be reduced because website speed is one of the most critical factors influencing SEO. You can use specialized tools such as SEMRUSH and SEO Quake to check the website’s status.
By doing this, you can identify and plan important priorities for running the campaign in a principled way. You can use the Page Speed Insight tool to analyze and increase the website speed. Using this tool, you can individually check the speed of different website pages, view the existing errors, and fix them. One of the essential SEO factors is the website’s compatibility with mobile or other devices. You can also use the Mobile-friendly test tool to check this critical factor.
Also, check the following three things before launching an SEO campaign:
- The website is compatible with mobile. (Be Responsive.)
- Load on mobile and desktop at optimal speed.
- SSL is enabled. (SSL is one of the most critical factors in increasing website security.)
2- Determining the purpose of forming an SEO campaign
Before launching an SEO campaign, determine your goals and success in tackling this campaign. Each website can have different purposes depending on its needs and type of activity, including increasing sales, attracting or increasing traffic, education, branding, and…. Have. After setting these big goals, to achieve them, you have to divide your goals into smaller goals and implement them.
Some training websites, for example, have a goal, such as selling Google Search Console training products. This type of goal is called precise and well-defined goal setting. But if you have a lot of educational products or different services, you can not sell all the products simultaneously and in the same amount with one SEO campaign. You should only sell a select number of educational products or services simultaneously.
3- Analyzing competitors
Before starting your SEO website, review competitors’ websites with similar activities to your business. To find out what competitors ‘sites are like or which places are better than you, first find a list of competitors’ websites. To check the status of competitors’ websites, especially their backlinks, you can use the SEMRUSH or Ahrefs tool. For example, if your website offers free ad reporting services and you want a good position for this keyword and phrase, follow the steps below.
- Search for the keyword or keyword phrase you want.
- Then, list the 10 results you see on the first page of Google.
- Check the 10 websites on the first page regarding SEO, website domain rating, backlinks, template appearance, etc. In this regard, you can even get ideas from competitors’ websites. (But do not repeat their actions in precisely the same way.) In the meantime, select 3 to 5 websites as competing websites. Once you have reached the current status of these 5 or 3 competing websites, choose 3 or 5 new websites as competitors again. Then, repeat this cycle.
4- Select keywords
The most essential step in any SEO campaign is choosing the keyword. Choosing the right keyword will communicate effectively with your audience and customers. Conversely, if you use inappropriate keywords, you will lose a lot of customers and audiences. In fact, by choosing inappropriate and unrelated words to your field of work, all the actions you have taken to SEO or improve the website will be ineffective or ineffective. Prioritize words and phrases after selecting a keyword with practical and specialized tools in this area.
To do this, you must first examine the volume of keyword searches, word value, word difficulty, and the type of intention of users to search for these phrases. Then, categorize the sub and main keywords. After prioritizing the words, start producing content. When creating content, one of the most important things to remember is determining what words you want each website page to display. Note that you need to choose words that match the goals of your business SEO campaign.
5- Production of principled content
After choosing a keyword, you should write comprehensive, practical, and helpful content for each keyword that meets users’ needs. By producing optimal content and meeting the user’s needs, you will improve the SEO of your website text. However, if the content does not match the keyword of that page, or if the user does not receive the answer to his question or questions after entering the website page, he will lose the customer. The user is immediately logged out of the website when encountering an unexpected messenger. This directly affects the ranking of that page and the overall ranking.
The importance of content production is that many SEOs believe that the main reason for the emergence of the content search engine. When producing content, you must know what your audience wants and needs. But note that you should not simply include keywords in the text when making content. Instead, it would help if you used words wisely in the text so that the content does not lose its original meaning. Doing this will also make you popular regarding Google search engine algorithms and receive a significant ranking.
Important and influential parameters in the content of the website
- Attractive meta descriptions: Meta descriptions are the first posts the user sees after entering the website. In fact, after seeing this description, the user decides and is encouraged to enter the website.
- Creating page URLs: By writing appropriate and intelligent URLs, users and Google bots can more quickly and easily identify the page’s subject for which you have generated content.
- Images: One of the most critical parameters that increase the visual appeal of web pages is the use of ideas appropriate to the content. Choose or design a quality photo that fits the page’s content, is the right size, and has an attractive color combination that engages the mind and sense of the audience well. You can also use alt text in your photos. This method is beneficial in understanding Google robots more easily. It also allows users to find the image they are looking for in the image search section if they are looking for a suitable photo. This method also has a significant effect on increasing website traffic.
6- On-page SEO
The primary purpose of the Google search engine is to satisfy users. They will leave if the user does not find the answers to their questions after entering the website. This causes users to earn negative points for the website from Google algorithms. To prevent this, you can create several methods on the website:
- Optimize the internal pages of the website.
- Create visual appeal for pages.
- Easy and convenient user interface design.
- Design a user experience tailored to the theme of the website
Optimizing these cases is possible by checking the internal SEO of the website and optimizing it. Also, in internal SEO, you should check and optimize issues such as website speed, compatibility with different devices, appearance and attractiveness, and content.
7- External link building
One of the essential parameters addressed in the SEO campaign is external link building (Back Link). Note that many external links are effective in SEO optimization, but the quality of these backlinks is much more critical. Before publishing your website link to other websites, analyze the current status of that website. Otherwise, the result will be a photo for you, and the website will be spammed. External link building means placing the website address on other websites related to the topic. Observe the following link-building time:
- Put your website link in websites related to your website’s main topic.
- Be careful in choosing anchor text. An Anchor Text is a word or phrase that describes a link.
- To find the right website to link your website, check its backlinks with specialized tools such as Ahrefs.
- To get strong backlinks, use the method of publishing reports on popular websites. In this method, you pay a small amount to other websites to publish your article on that website and introduce your products and services directly or indirectly to users. Ad reporting is one of the best basic SEO methods that should be done in the long run to get better and faster results.
- Find the previously broken links and delete them. To do this, use specialized tools to find broken or broken links. Otherwise, ask Google to remove these links.
- You can publish your articles on blogging websites using the guest posting technique. Activities on these websites are a perfect platform for creating backlinks.
8- Activities in social networks appropriate to the type of business
Acting on social networks and publishing helpful posts has a very positive effect on increasing website traffic and ranking. Choose one or more networks depending on your type of business on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and. And get started. Then, put your website link on these social networks through networks. This method increases the website’s credibility from the view of Google bots and increases the number of new contacts.
9- Advertising with methods appropriate to the type of business (SEM: Search Engine Marketing)
After completing the above methods, advertise your website for several months to complete the SEO campaign. SEM means search engine marketing. This way, by paying a fee and selecting several keywords, you will be displayed on the first page of Google. This way, you are introduced to people looking for your products or services and searching for your keywords.
In this way, you have to top up your account wallet. An amount will be withdrawn from this wallet with each click and one entry to the website. This is called PPC (Pay-per-click). You can use banners, pop-ups, or click-through ads to implement this SEO campaign strategy. Implementing this method will increase the number of clicks, traffic, brand awareness, and, ultimately, sales.
You can buy website traffic, focus on user engagement, optimize on-page and off-page SEO, and leverage social media channels to reach a wider audience.