What is an SEO campaign? Basic steps of SEO
The definitive way to succeed in any field is to prepare and have a purposeful, principled, and continuous program. Optimizing the site’s current state and getting a good position in the Google search engine requires specialized planning and consistent execution. By preparing and compiling an SEO campaign, you can determine the path to success and SEO improvement.
This way, you can check that you are in a position; what is the next step? And what to do. Join seovisitor in this article to get acquainted with an SEO campaign’s practical and essential steps and principles.
What is an SEO campaign?
To walk the path of success best, you must first know how to walk this path well. By identifying the track to win, you will be well acquainted with the challenges, weaknesses, strengths, and problems you may face. As a result, you can implement the best solutions and reactions to achieve the best possible outcome.
SEO campaign means a set of pre-determined tasks that uniquely affect improving or promoting the site’s ranking and position in search engines. The SEO campaign has various stages such as keyword research, review and preparation and compilation of content production table, review of factors related to internal SEO, technical SEO, and…
In fact, when you use an SEO campaign to advance your goals, you know the next step and even the challenges you may face. In addition, this campaign can measure plans, and you will see your progress.
Steps to start launching an SEO campaign
Preparing and compiling a table tailored to the business’s needs and goals helps advance the goals faster and more purposefully. To achieve the best plans, it is necessary to start the SEO campaign with a purposeful strategy and consistent with your organization’s goals in the following steps. The steps of launching an SEO campaign are as follows:
- Analysis and review of the current status of the site
- Determining the purpose of forming an SEO campaign
- Check the website of competitors in the field of work
- Select keywords
- Produce principled content
- Internal optimization
- External link building
- Activity in social networks tailored to the type of business
- Advertising with business-appropriate methods (SEM: Search Engine Marketing)
1- Analyzing the current status of the site
The most essential and best step to start an SEO campaign is to check what the site is currently up to. Then make sure that there is no problem on the site that causes disruption and negative impact on the SEO campaign.
For example, you may not have optimized your site speed in some cases. In this case, the probability of achieving the desired result may be reduced. Because site speed is one of the most critical factors influencing SEO. You can use specialized tools such as SEMRUSH and SEO quake to check the site’s status.
By doing this, you can identify and plan important priorities for running the campaign in a principled way. You can use the Page speed insight tool to analyze the site speed and increase its speed. Using this tool, you can individually check the speed of different site pages, view the existing errors, and fix them. One of the essential SEO factors is the site’s compatibility with mobile or other devices. You can also use the Mobile-friendly test tool to check this critical factor.
Also, check the following three things before launching an SEO campaign:
- The website is compatible with mobile. (Be Responsive.)
- Load on mobile and desktop at optimal speed.
- SSL is enabled. (SSL is one of the most critical factors in increasing site security.)
2- Determining the purpose of forming an SEO campaign
Before launching an SEO campaign, determine your goals and success in tackling this campaign. Each site can have different purposes depending on its needs and type of activity, including increasing sales, attracting or increasing traffic, education, branding, and…. Have. After setting these big goals, to achieve them, you have to divide your goals into smaller goals and implement them.
Some training sites, for example, have a goal, such as selling Google Search Console training products. This type of goal is called precise and well-defined goal setting. But if you have a lot of educational products or different services, you can not sell all the products simultaneously and in the same amount with one SEO campaign. In fact, you should only sell a select number of educational products or services at a time.
3- Analyzing competitors
Before starting your SEO site, focus on reviewing the site of competitors who have similar activities to your business. To find out what competitors ‘sites are like or which places are better than you, first find a list of competitors’ sites. To check the status of competitors’ sites, especially their backlinks, you can use the SEMRUSH or Ahrefs tool. For example, if your site offers free ad reporting services and you want a good position for this keyword and phrase, you should follow the steps below.
- Search for the keyword or keyword phrase you want.
- Then make a list of the 10 results you see on the first page of Google.
- Check the 10 sites on the first page regarding SEO, site domain rating, backlinks, template appearance, and so on. In this regard, you can even get ideas from competitors’ sites. (But do not repeat their actions in precisely the same way.) In the meantime, select 3 to 5 sites as competing sites. Once you have reached the current status of these 5 or 3 competing sites, choose 3 or 5 new sites as competitors again. Then repeat this cycle again.
4- Select keywords
The most essential step in any SEO campaign is choosing the keyword. Choosing the right keyword will communicate effectively with your audience and customers. Conversely, if you use inappropriate keywords, you will lose a lot of customers and audiences. In fact, by choosing inappropriate and unrelated words to your field of work, all the actions you have taken to SEO or improve the site will be ineffective or ineffective. Prioritize words and phrases after selecting a keyword with practical and specialized tools in this area.
To do this, you must first examine the volume of keyword searches, word value, word difficulty, and the type of intention of users to search for these phrases. Then categorize the sub and main keywords. After prioritizing the words, start producing content. One of the most important things to remember when creating content is determining what words you want each site page to display. Note that you need to choose words that match the goals of your business SEO campaign.
5- Production of principled content
After choosing a keyword, you should write comprehensive, practical, and helpful content for each keyword that meets users’ needs. By producing optimal content and meeting the user’s needs, you will cause the SEO of your site text. However, if the content does not match the keyword of that page, or if the user does not receive the answer to his question or questions after entering the site page, he will lose the customer. In fact, the user is immediately logged out of the site when they encounter an unexpected messenger. This directly affects the ranking of that page and the overall ranking.
The importance of content production is that many SEOs believe that the main reason for the emergence of the content search engine. When producing content, you need to know what content your audience is looking for and need. But note that when making content, you should not simply include keywords in the text. Instead, you should use words wisely in the text so that the content does not lose its original meaning. By doing this, you will also be popular in terms of Google search engine algorithms and receive a significant ranking.
Important and influential parameters in the content of the site
- Attractive meta descriptions: Meta descriptions are the first posts the user sees after entering the website. In fact, after seeing this description, the user decides and is encouraged to enter the site.
- Creating page URLs: By writing appropriate and intelligent URLs, users and Google bots can more quickly and easily identify the page’s subject for which you have generated content.
- Images: One of the most critical parameters that increase the visual appeal of web pages is the use of ideas appropriate to the content. Choose or design a quality photo that fits the page’s content, is the right size, and has an attractive color combination that engages the mind and sense of the audience well. You can also use alt text in your photos. This method is beneficial in understanding Google robots more easily. It also makes it possible for users to find the image they are looking for in the image search section if they are looking for a suitable photo. This method also has a significant effect on increasing site traffic.
6- On-page SEO
The primary purpose of the Google search engine is to satisfy users. They will leave if the user does not find the answers to their questions after entering the site. This causes users to earn negative points for the website from Google algorithms. To prevent this, you can create several methods on the site:
- Optimize the internal pages of the site.
- Create visual appeal for pages
- Easy and convenient user interface design
- Design a user experience tailored to the theme of the site
Optimizing these cases is possible by checking the internal SEO of the site and optimizing it. Also, in internal SEO, you should check and optimize various issues such as site speed, compatibility with different devices, appearance and attractiveness, and content.
7- External link building
One of the essential parameters addressed in the SEO campaign is external link building (Back Link). Note that many external links are effective in SEO optimization, but the quality of these backlinks is much more critical. Before publishing your site link to other sites, analyze the current status of that site. Otherwise, the result will be a photo for you, and the site will be spammed. External link building means placing the site address on other websites related to the topic. Observe the following link-building time:
- Put your site link in sites related to your site’s main topic.
- Be careful in choosing anchor text. An Anchor Text is a word or phrase that describes a link.
- To find the right site to put your site link, check its backlinks with specialized tools such as ahrefs.
- To get strong backlinks, use the method of publishing reports on popular sites. In this method, you pay a small amount to other websites to publish your article on that site and introduce your products and services directly or indirectly to users. Ad reporting is one of the best basic SEO methods that should be done in the long run to get better and faster results.
- Find the previously broken links and delete them. To do this, use specialized tools to find broken or broken links. Otherwise, ask Google to remove these links.
- You can publish your articles on blogging sites using the guest posting technique. Activities on these sites are a perfect platform for creating backlinks.
8- Activities in social networks appropriate to the type of business
Acting on social networks and publishing helpful posts has a very positive effect on increasing site traffic and site ranking. Choose one or more networks depending on your type of business on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and. And get started. Then put your site link on these social networks through networks. This method increases the site’s credibility from the view of Google bots and increases the number of new contacts.
9- Advertising with methods appropriate to the type of business (SEM: Search Engine Marketing)
After completing the above methods, advertise your site for several months to complete the SEO campaign. SEM means search engine marketing. This way, by paying a fee and selecting several keywords, you will be displayed on the first page of Google. This way, you are introduced to people looking for your products or services and searching for your keywords.
In this way, you have to top up your account wallet. An amount will be withdrawn from this wallet with each click and one entry to the site. This is called PPC (Pay Per Click). You can use banners, pop-ups, or click-through ads to implement this SEO campaign strategy. Implementing this method will increase the number of clicks, traffic, brand awareness, and ultimately sales.
Driving more traffic to your website can be achieved by focusing on user-centric design, optimizing site speed, and implementing a diverse range of digital marketing techniques to capture a wider audience.
Lasted Comments (0)